Friday, May 6, 2011

Leaving Langkawi


Langkawi! Isn't it beautiful?
Hi Lulu,

I know it has been far too long since I write to you, but really nothing new and exciting has happened in Langkawi.  I am enjoying doing absolutely nothing.  I love the feeling that I can get up in the morning and ask myself, "What would you like to do today?"... and then I do that.  Would you like to go for a swim?... Lay in the sun?... go for a scooter ride?... do yoga while the sun sets?... go for a fresh coconut? (yes I love coconut water now... strange but I can't get enough of them.)... hang out with my friends?... go dancing?... or whatever else might intrigue me at that particular moment.  So that is exactly what my days have consisted of.  So I haven't had much new news to impart.
Wine and cheese night with the girls!

"Forced" to make mojitos again.... Yes we are making them in buckets

....and drinking them from buckets!

Simba drank some too

I leave tomorrow for Kuala Lumpur with Sofi.  We are going to stay there for a few days to see the city then fly to Singapore and spend a few days there as well.  Then I am off to New Zealand!!  I am really excited to finally be going to New Zealand.  It is one of the few countries that I have always dreamed of going to.  I have been researching vineyards and found a few that I would really like to work at.  I emailed them so I hope to get a reply soon.  If not I will just go and figure it out.  There are so many vineyards there so I don't think it will be too hard to find work.

All of your adventures sound fun.  Your first day as an au pair didn't go so well it seems.  I can't believe they kept you after all that.  Haha!!  If you cook for them remember to read the recipe out loud!  (Laura tends to have problems mixing up key steps when following recipes.  For example simple things like using salt instead of sugar)  It sounds like you are having a great time and meeting some amazing people.
The Umbrella Crew

Mina Svenska Slynor!  (My Swedish Bitches!)

There are so many Swedish people here in Langkawi.  I think 80% of all the people I meet are Swedish.  The other 20% are English or from another European country.  I think I am one of two Americans here.  Apparently not too many Americans make it this far east.  So I have made a lot of great new Swedish friends, and I know they are good friends because the added me on Facebook (a true sign of friendship).  I think a trip to Sweden is unavoidable now.  I have too many great people I need to see again.  I was pretty sure I could convince you to come along too.  A few of my Swedish friends and I have devised a plan to bike across Sweden.... dressed as pirates!  I know the pirate thing is a bit random, but it spices it up a bit don't you think.  We have an excuse to say Aarrrr whenever we want....  We are recruiting pirate cyclists as we speak!  Are you interested?
Elin or better known as "Capt. Long Shallow Jones"
The inspiration behind pirate cycling

Well we went out last night for our last night of dancing with our friends and had a blast.  I am going to miss Sunba, our dancing spot, and all the great friends I have made here.  Going out here reminds me of Aspen.  You know almost everyone in the bar, so it almost feels as if you rented out a club for a private event for all of your friends.  I am eager to make my next move though and excited to see what's to come!
Add caption

We decided to try for a pyramid...yeah that ended porely

Stockholm Boogie

Love,
Kiki
Stormy sunset in Langkawi

3 comments:

  1. Aaah, I miss you Christina!
    Captain Longshallow Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember when Laura used a cup of salt instead of a tsp and the dog wouldn't even eat that pizza.

    I guess I could sign my name as JJ but that name is already taken by the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice , peace from an algerian who passed by langkawi someday

    ReplyDelete

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.