Monday, May 9, 2011

Baltimore Fiddle Fair


Kiki

Okay to answer your question about pirate cycling. I am totally in. I have already been planning to bring my bike with me when I go back to Europe. I don't know when you will be there but I guess it does not really matter since I have no plans.

The man in the red shirt in the following picture kept talking to me in some sort of non coherent language and then forced me to dance twice with him in the middle of a packed bar. It was interesting to say the least. I think that he is the village idiot.

my sexy dance partner

This past weekend was the Fiddle Fair in the neighboring town of Baltimore. A beautiful seaside town that fills with musicians from all over. All the bands were good but my favorites were the Foghorn Trio from Portland and the Moulettes from England. I also saw the best clogger ever. I know that sounds lame but you would not think so if you had seen him. He was just so good. I can not even describe the moves he did. He looked like he was floating above the floor.

Last night was the last night of the Fair. I went out with the family at about 4 pm to see some of the afternoon performances. This is the beginning of the end. I had a pint of Murphy's. With one down and more to come. We then went to visit one of BM's sisters for lunch/snack. When we got there the Foghorn Trio had joined and so had the cellist from the Moulettes. We sat around drinking good wine and eating good food while they messed around and when I say messed around I mean improvised excellent music. My boss who I will call boss man or BM had a session in a local pub.  I went with the Hannah, the cellist from the Moulettes, Vincent, a friend of the family, and Kaleb from the Foghorn Trio to the pub to listen. We started their but then quickly found a group of guys that invited us to join them in pub just across the road. They had a session going as well and it was more Hannah's style so we decided to stay. Oh, by now I have finished a shandy, beer with lemonade, and started on a Carlsberg my current drink of choice. After two of those and two glasses of wine with dinner I thought maybe it would be a good time to stop drinking. Yes by this point I am my usual drunk self. Which for those lucky enough not to have seen me drunk. I am a rambling, moody, flirtatious mess. I gave some guy my number which is par for the course. Also some strange older man asked if I wanted to sleep with him. Just straight up propositioned me in the middle of the bar. I, of course, politely declined and made my way to Vincent. On the way to the main stage it started pouring down rain and I did not have a rain coat. I was soaked to the bone and I am pretty sure it was now that I went to the bathroom and took pictures of myself in the mirror. I just found these pictures on my camera this morning and still can not remember taking them. BM's sister had to drag me out of the bar. I was having such a fabulous time that 4 am was just too early to go home. The whole night was a blur of great music and spilled pints. I am sad that it is over.

Saturday market in the rain

Moulettes at the saturday market

Foghorn Trio and Hannah

Foghorn Trio

one of ten mystery pics of me in the bathroom

late night session

BM's family

Other than the crazy weekend I really have not been doing much in the way of exciting things. I look after a two year old all day. The most exciting thing in the day is when I put Beyonce's single ladies on and we dance together. He really loves watching the video. Wait now this is really exciting he says my name. Well really he says Lula, but that is close enough. I have a hard time believeing that I was just like these kids but I see myself in them all the time. I laugh all the time because they say the same things I used to say. Although I don't think that we ever thought that just saying the word fart was as funny as they think it is.

The pigs are doing well. Though every time I go in to feed them they rush me and try and eat my pants and shoes. At the devoy's the chickens kept trying to eat my shoes and pants and now with the pigs I feel that the natural world is trying to eat me. Maybe I should stay away from farm animals for a while.

Lulu

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how that happens...the seeing yourself in kids thing, not the getting eaten by wildlife thing. Happens to me with Natalie all the time. She is 15 months now and has lots of interesting things to say. She'd probably get along splendidly with your bar friend. She loves to talk, loves to dance, and also has her own language.

    ReplyDelete

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.