Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Almost Enlightened...


They really do have some of the cutest cows in India
Lulu,


GO FOR A RUN!!!!! Who are you and where is my sister!?!?! Whatever Ireland is doing to you it is good. I don’t think I have ever heard those words come out of your mouth… or maybe it was the wine talking you wino! Ireland sounds amazing! I am jealous that you are learning so much about organic farming. We will have to exchange our new knowledge at home in June. I will teach you yoga and you can show me your organic ways.

India is still amazing and I can’t believe that I am starting the last week of my course. It feels like I got here yesterday but at the same time it feels like I have been here for a year… strange how that happens. We learned how to use the neti pot the other day! I couldn’t believe the amount of snot and crap that came out of my nose. It was hilarious watching everyone bent over with little blue pots pressed into their noses trying to flush out their nose and choking on water when they got it wrong. It must have been because our teachers spent most of the time trying to conceal their laughter. I must say though, that I have never felt so clear headed as after I finished the neti pot. I want to show you and mom and whoever else is interested how to do it.
One of the holy men who will tell you your weight for a small fee.  That's entrepreneurship there!

Apart from that everything else has been pretty much the same. Up at 5am and class till 9pm. I have managed to get away during our free time on the weekends. I don’t do much outside of the ashram other than look through countless books at our favorite little book shops and hang out at Little Buddha with a chai and friends. It’s great to do nothing after such a hard week though. I have a weak spot for Indian jewelry as you know, and I have given into temptation. I bought a few more things but oh well. You would laugh at me because I have bought so many books I literally could start a library at this point. You thought I had a lot last time we were together, but I think the count is almost up to twenty now! I don’t know what I was thinking. I am going to have to ship a bunch home. There are just so many great books here and they are so ridiculously cheap!

Oh I almost forgot. I finally got up the nerve to get my ears cleaned by one of those little men on the street. I know it was probably not very smart, but in my defense four of my friends had it done before me and they survived. So I decided I would give it a go. I couldn’t believe what was in my ears!!! I think he took out two pebble sized clumps of old nasty orange ear wax from each ear! I don’t know why I am sharing this but I get enjoyment out of grossing you out. Michelle, Heather, and Piya where in the background making gasping sounds and repeating how disgusting it was. Ha ha ha! It was all pretty funny. I won’t be laughing if I lose my hearing. So far so good though, I still have healthy ears and I can even hear a bit better now. I don’t even know how I was able to hear anything before he took all that junk out.
My totally safe and professional ear cleaning

Very official credentials

I stopped by to visit Puneet again. He says hi. I have gotten almost all of my yoga class to go see our astrologer, Prateek. For everyone who doesn’t know Puneet and Prateek are two brothers we met here. Prateek is an astrologer and his brother Puneet is a palmist and a gemologist. They are both amazing men and became fast friends. All of my friends have gone to have their astrology told or “prophecy” as Laura D calls it. They have all been equally as impressed and Prateek was pretty accurate for all of them. It is crazy! I didn’t think I would ever say it but… I am a believer.
Bangle salesman

Only a week left and I am on my way to Malaysia to see Sofi! I am so excited and can’t wait for some down time on the beach. Maybe I can finally get through some of the countless books I have bought. I can’t wait to come home and see you and Jeannette and the baby and mom and dad. I didn’t think I would have the chance to come home again for some time. I get more excited about it every day. I have so many amazing things to look forward to. I am so unbelievably lucky! I hope all is well and that your little sprouts keep getting bigger. Learn all you can because I expect you to be my teacher!

Love,

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.