Saturday, April 16, 2011

All White Kurtas to Small Pink Bikinis


Graduation class photo...plus random Indian man who decided to join the picture
Dear Lulu,


It sounds like life on the farm is rather hectic. Good luck with the new hens! I think my jealousy level went down a few points when I read about all the crap that happened that past week, but then I read about the pubs and music and the level shot back up. Did you ever manage to go for that run yet? I am doing yoga daily and am trying to get into the habit of running on the beach in the mornings… but we will see what happens. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep after going about 48 hours with no sleep getting to Malaysia.

Yes I am in Malaysia now! I got here about two days ago and had Sofi’s smiling face to greet me! It was great seeing her again. So far Malaysia is great! I’ve got great friends, great beaches, warm water, sun, and cold beers. I can’t think of anything else I could need. It would be fun having you here too. It’s strange having Fifiji and Kikiji but no Luluji. Sofi, or Fifiji, says hi. Yesterday we rented scooters and toured around the island a bit. We went up a cable car to the top of one of the mountains. There was an amazing 360 degree view of Lankauwi Island. Then we drove over to a secluded little beach on the northern part of the island to cool off in the water. It is a hard life I lead.
Sofi and I at the top of the cable car

Ahh Malaysia!

As far as the yoga course, I can’t believe I survived! It was a strange feeling to leave the ashram after a month. The last week flew by and I don’t know how I managed to find the energy to get through all of my asana classes. I was exhausted most of that last week. We had a few amazing Indian dinners as our going away parties. We had to finish them with a hello to the queen! Sooo Good! A bowl full of chocolate sauce, cookies, bananas, strawberries, ice cream, and whipped cream! Wow, I wish I had one right now.

On graduation day our entire class went down to the Ganga (the holy river that flows right in front of the ashram) and took a dip. Well, three dips to be exact since that is the appropriate number of times you have to dunk yourself. So I had to submerge myself in the freezing water not just once but three times. At least it was really hot outside. After our ceremonial dip the affair quickly turned into an all-out water war. Everyone was splashing everyone. If we weren’t already a spectacle, ten westerners bathing in the Ganga, we were now. We had a crowd of Indians just sitting and watching and snapping pictures as if we were the day’s entertainment. We had a blast though and it was one of the highlights of my stay.
Water war in the Ganga!

My last Arti on the Ganga

I had to say goodbye to some amazing people that I got really close to in the ashram, but I have become accustomed to saying goodbye. It is the nature of my life right now. I guess there is a downside to traveling, but at the same time I would never have met any of the amazing people that I consider friends now if I weren’t traveling. I am hopeful that I will see them all again someday. It just gives me another excuse to travel more. Michelle, our favorite Irish lass, is traveling another month in India and then heading back to Ireland. Maybe you guys will get to see each other after all.
One last view of my ashram, Parmarth Niketan



Love,

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.