Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Big Farewell!!!


WWWOOOOOHHHHH!!!!! (the exact word coming out of my mouth)
Dear Lula,

Man what a last week in New Zealand!  I am officially done with work!  While I enjoyed learning a bit about the vineyards, I am not at all sad to say goodbye.  I guess when you go so long without working its hard to go back.  It was a bit repetitious to say the least.  All the wine tasting made up for it though.  I also made a lot of really good friends out of it too.  I have been out to dinner at a different friend's house every night saying my farewells.  It is hard to say goodbye but I am ready for my next move!  I think this is the most excited I have been for a move in a while.  Maybe staying in one place for a while recharged my batteries, or maybe it's because I get to meet up with Sofi again, or maybe I am just ready for a change after so long in one place... well, whatever the reason, I can't wait for Aussie!
I was a bit excited... can you tell?

I promise they do this for everyone not just me!!

I am really about to jump out of this thing?!

Today I gave New Zealand my big farewell by jumping out of a plane at 16,500ft!!!! All I can say for the experience is.... AMAZING!!!!!  I think I had a stupid grin on my face and was screaming waaaahhhhhhooooo! all the way down.  Actually, I know I did because they took a video of it.  I will try to post it but no promises.  I highly recommend sky diving to anyone who can get the nerve up to do it.  My next goal is to do the training course so I can jump on my own.  I wish you could have jumped with me!  After many failed attempts to talk my friends into jumping with me I just ended up going by myself.  Can't let that stop me!  It was amazing and I felt like I was flying.  Unfortunately, I was actually falling and before I knew it my instructor was pulling the shoot.  I was free falling for 75 seconds going a 120 mph!  I wasn't ready for it to end.  It was beautiful up there.  On the parachute ride down I took in all of the amazing views of the snow covered mountain ranges around me and the golden beaches along the coastline.  We even went through a cloud!  I have always wanted to fly through a could.  I guess it has always been a little childish dream of mine.  When we were going toward the cloud a circular rainbow took shape.  They call it a glory apparently.  It was really cool!  A perfectly round rainbow.  And then we flew straight through it.  As we were approaching it I could see our shadows in the center of it.  I know I have already said this, but what an amazing experience!
There is that silly grin I was talking about!!

Amazing view!!

Look Mom! I Can Fly! I Can Fly!

Holy Shit! I can't believe how high we were!

Apart from that, the Rugby World Cup is going on now.  I think I already told you that in my last message.  I have been having fun watching the games with friends.  I think I am finally getting the hang of this game, at least the basics anyway.  The American team is playing here in Nelson.  I was going to go see them play, but unfortunately they play the day I leave for Australia.
Sadly we did finally have to pull the shoot

Safe and sound and ready to go again!

I have a few more dinners planned for a few more goodbyes and then I am off.  Australia here I come!! 

How are things with you?  I imagine you are back home by now.  It has been a while since your last update!  Let me know what you have been up to.

Love,
Tita

No comments:

Post a Comment

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.