Friday, July 2, 2010

The Hair Cut Part II



OK, OK, I know I have been promising to put a picture of my new short do for some time now.  I guess I kept getting side tracked on other projects or maybe I was just waiting for a good hair day.  Well if that is the case, you may never see it.  The first picture is my hair right after I got it cut.  I know you can't really see too much of my hair in this picture, but you can see how short it was. You can also see my adorable niece Natalie.  Isn't she so cute?  The other picture is of me now.  My hair is already more than twice as long as it was at first.  I have crazy Chia Pet hair.  It grows like weeds on steroids.

I must say the new do is quite liberating.  Never in my curly, frizzy life have I ever been able to fix my hair in less than a minute.  I am not exaggerating.  I get out of the shower, rub some gel in my hair, and I'm on my way.  Its amazing and going to be perfect for the trip! If I take the 45 minutes that it normally takes me to dry my hair and multiply that across the span of a year, I probably just added an extra week to my trip.  It will be interesting to see how it grows out.  I plan to cut it very few times and just let it grow out naturally.  It could result in some pretty glorious mullets ... or afros with my fizzy/curly hair.  Ha ha!  Stay tuned to see what horrible transformations my hair takes.

Christina

3 comments:

  1. "horrible transformations"....

    I can just see you now with a Mexican mullet. Next time you post a picture kissing Natalie we'll wonder if it's really you.

    http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/~marshall/reference-mullet.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I just have to say you look just like your mother in the first picture with Natalie. I know this is an old post, but I just read all of them. It sounds like you are having fun. Stay safe. Love, Jodi

    PS: The name (Yanker Me Timbers Mom) is from a blog David was keeping and he was Yanker Me Timbers. Don't ask. There is no telling....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complete stranger, here. You wouldn't credit how I happened to stumble across the latter picture, here -- it had to do with looking for a representative insane steroid banner ad to include in a presentation.

    I just wanted to say, though, how truly attractive that picture is. That's winsome. You're adorable.

    ReplyDelete

New to the blog? Get email updates and keep track of us by subscribing
to our email list.